Wednesday, January 13, 2010

13 days down, 352 to go.

Headed to see the psychologist tomorrow, though I'm not too excited about it. Every time I have talked on the phone to their receptionists, they've been complete idiots. I really hope the psychologist doesn't follow down the same path! I am wasting my money if she is!

Feeling a bit stressed from all of the classes I'm taking, but if I really put it into perspective I am taking one class the entire semester, and then 3 shortened classes all at different times. Kind of nerve wrecking, but I have to do it so I'll survive in the end!

16 days without alcohol, if I've counted correctly. And boy oh boy am I regretting that one! I keep getting the, "Really? Did you take into account you're a first year teacher and starting your MA?" And all I can do is shake my head and say, disappointingly, "Nope, definitely forgot about that." And then the token, "God that sucks."

Derek and I work hard everyday and in the end we are having a good ol' time finding time to spend together. We are seriously considering making a date night like our good friends Mike and Christina do (shout out to both of them!) and they are very committed to it, which I highly respect because it's pretty damn hard to find time when two people are so busy! We've really got to hunker down and get with the being used to being married thing sooner rather than later. It's almost like we're still living two single lives and sleeping in the same bed. I'm ready for him to finish college already and we both be on the same page with this funky thing we call life.

We are trying to find new venues to make some more income so we can pay into the emergency fund a little sooner and start paying off the car a little faster. I am already making bi-weekly payments on it. More on that to come.

And I have been kind of (but not too much) worried about the pay cuts in our district. I have a feeling that I may get cut, but for the first time I really think I'm prepared if it does happen. I have enough extra income coming in on the side that we'll have enough money to make it work until I can find something more permanent.

Anyone have any suggestions on what they do to make a few bucks on the side? Anyone interested in painting houses on the side this summer for some extra cash flow? :) And you think I'm kidding....

No comments:

Post a Comment