Friday, January 1, 2010

As I set out on this crazy journey...

I just want to say that I'm scared! I am totally and unmercifully scared of this, and that I will fail.

I first was thinking that this was going to be easy - that I'm not doing all that much that is going to be THAT hard. In fact, most of it I think I will tackle quite easily. However, there are some things that are really scary - like the no alcohol thing. Now, there are a few reasons for this:

1.) I drink when I'm with my friends.
2.) I drink when I'm with my friends.
3.) I drink when I'm with my friends.

So, we're going to have to find some other fun things to do! I want to make sure during this year that I am not depending on this alcohol to have a good time. In other words, I should be able to have a good time whether I'm drinking or not; and right now I'm not sure I can say I do either way.

Why do I think this? It was totally the college scene, and now that there's no more college, there's no more reason to get drunk at crazy hours and in the morning and after the last mid-term and during dinner and while watching the latest Grey's. AKA there isn't a reason to drink at all anymore, at least from what I've experienced from my life after college.

The other reason is that I just discovered there is a history of alcoholism in my family. Ummm... that should be reason not to drink in the first place (in the wise words of my Mother). So, I'm done. After this year, alcohol will not play a part in my fun level ever again!

Saludos vino y alcohol y cerveza  - no los necesitare nada mas.

No comments:

Post a Comment